EFAHP provides a one-time payment of up to $400 to families who are totally without shelter or face the loss of shelter because of non-payment of rent or mortgage. It also helps those families who have had household disasters such as fire, flood, or other accidents.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The household must have at least one child under the age of 18.
- The household must live in Florida, or be working or looking for work in Florida.
- At least one child or caretaker in the home must be a U. S. citizen or legal resident.
- You must have proof of your housing emergency, for example, a copy of a court ordered eviction or foreclosure notice. In the event of a natural disaster such as fire or flood, the EFAHP office can make a telephone call to the sheriff's office, fire department, Department of Children and Families' office, etc., if you provide us with a phone number.
- If you do not have enough money in your checking/savings accounts, or the cash to pay your rent or mortgage.
- The total household income is compared to the State of Florida's need standard to decide whether the household is eligible.
Income Eligibility Requirements
(per income guidelines published in the Federal Register, February 2009)
Household Size Monthly Income Household Size Monthly Income 1 Not Eligible 5 $4,299 or Less 2 $2,429 or Less 6 4,922 or Less 3 3,052 or Less 7 $5,620 or Less 4 3,675 or Less 8 6,169 or Less Each additional member add $624
- All income received during the month you apply is considered, except for those household members who receive SSI.
- If you are having financial problems, it must be due to a real emergency, and not from mishandling your money.
- You must provide proof of your present living address. Examples include a rent receipt, utility bill, or other paperwork that lists the name of the head of household or other caretaker, and the present address.
- Your application must be signed and dated.
To apply for the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program, the following forms must be completed:
Completed forms, along with proof of your housing emergency (3 day eviction notice, default notice, or foreclosure notice, etc.) should be mailed to:
Office on Homelessness - PDHO
1317 Winewood Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0700
Please call us toll-free at 1-877-891-6445 [or in Tallahassee at (850)488-3700] if you have any questions.